What is SEO Crawl Budget - Technical SEO Guide
Updated: Aug 3, 2022
Crawl Budget in SEO - Defination
"Crawl Budget" is the number of pages Googlebot crawls and indexes on a website within a given timeframe.
But do you know what SEO issues can occur if your website's crawl budget isn't optimized?
1. Search engine bots and Google bots will waste their resources crawling non important pages like duplicates and pages that have no content.
2. Important pages of your website will not be crawled by Google and, ultimately, they will not be indexed.
3. Search engine bots and Google bots will stop visiting your website more frequently for crawling.
Factors that affect the crawl budget in SEO:
1. Slow website loading
2. Lack of important pages' internal linking
3. Too many duplicate, 404 error pages and pages that have not content present on website
So, how to optimize the website's crawling budget for SEO:
1. Use robots.txt to exclude duplicate, 404 error, and no-content pages from crawling.
2. Ensure that your website loads quickly.
3. Interntal Link important pages of your website so that they can be crawled by bots on a priority basis.
To learn more about crawl budget optimization, you can watch my video - Click here
Thanks a lot for reading !