7 Steps to Make Website Search Engine Friendly
The first thing that comes to mind while doing SEO of any website is to make it search engine friendly so that search engine bots can find it easily and index it easily.
But what are the major steps that you should take to make a website SEO friendly?
No worries I am here to tell you all about it, sharing with you the
Important steps to make site SEO Friendly
Let's talk about about each step in detail:
1. Avoid using duplicate meta tags and titles: Believe it or not, most SEO beginners make this mistake by targeting the same theme keyword on multiple pages of a website, resulting in duplicate meta tags. Make sure that you are targeting unique keywords on your website pages and have unique meta tags and titles to avoid the duplicate content issue. Duplicate meta tags and titles make it difficult for search engine bots to distinguish between identical web pages.
2. Use heading tags in right format: headings are the most important part of webpage content they range from H1 to h6. Always make sure you use the H1 heading tag just once in your webpage content and try to use your primary keyword in the H1 heading tag. Make an effort to use heading tags in the proper format.
To check the heading tags on any webpage, you can visit the search engine web stimulater tool.
3. Include semantically related keywords in your content: Including semantically related keywords in your content allows you to rank for more keywords while also webpage content and website search engine friendly. But the question is what are semantic keywords? Well, semantic keywords are related keywords which we found related to our primary keywords. You can call them third-level keywords, which come after second-level keywords.
Let's understand with an example.
Suppose your primary keyword is "digital marketing tutorial," then your secondary keyword will be "guide to digital marketing" and "steps to learning digital marketing," but the semantic keywords of your primary keyword will be here: SEO, PPC, Google ads, and search engine marketing. So while doing keyword research always take care of semantic keywords.
4. Link Relevant Website Pages: Internal links are important for making your website search engine friendly because they help search engine bots understand what your website pages are about, which leads to a higher ranking on Google.
While doing internal linking, try to link only relevant pages or posts, use relevant anchor text, and avoid using repetitive anchor text on a single page or post.
5. Use relavant Alt text for Images: Alt text helps search engine bots to understand your webpage images, which in turn helps search engine bots to get an idea about your webpage's content.
So, always use relevant images and relevant alt text for images. The alt text should be descriptive, not just of 2-3 words, so that bots can get ideas about your webpage image easily.
6. Link important pages of your website from the homepage: Always try to link important pages or pillar pages of your website from the homepage because they are important pages and we should link them from the homepage of the website to let Google know about them.
For example, if your website is a digital marketing agency website, then you should link your SEO, PPC, and email marketing pages from your homepage.
7. Compress Website Images: This is the most basic step in making your website search engine friendly. Make sure your website's image sizes are not more than 100KB. Compressing images makes your website load faster.
To compress images, you can use the website speed testing tool, cloudinary.
Thanks for reading !